Assistant Teacher Position
Teachers at Country Kids are responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth, and development of all children under their care. They are also expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with families, teachers, and other staff in order to provide the children with the best possible education and care.
Job duties include:
- Develop and implement age appropriate curriculum that stimulates all domains of their children’s development.
- Perform regular evaluations of their children and develop lesson plans and curriculum that address each child’s individual needs.
- Maintain constructive and open communication with parents/caregivers.
- Maintain daily sheets and other records in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- On a continuous basis, evaluate and update the classroom to reflect the developmental needs of the children and give them novel opportunities.
- Participate in on-going educational developmental opportunities.
- Keep a classroom that is fun, clean, and safe, in accordance with company policies and state licensing regulations.
Preferred Qualifications (meet one or more of the following):
- One year of teaching experience in a licensed center and observation hours.
- 7 to 9 college hours in Early Childhood Education and three months teaching experience in a licensed center.
- A Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
Qualified Candidates Must:
- Have a happy demeanor and love kids and animals.
- Genuinely care about children and their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Be knowledgeable about state licensing requirements and understand that we will be in compliance at all times.
- Be clean, neat, and a good role model for impressive children.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Competitive salaries, which are commensurate with experience and education
- Generous paid time off, which increases with length of service
- Paid holidays
- Discounted child care
- Compensation for continued training in child care and education